Airite temporary station building was open December 15, 1928. The two-story masonry station building was built in 1935, opened on November 11, the same year. There is still no clear evidence about the author of the building, but it is very likely that this is the civil engineer and architect Artūrs Tramdahs (born 1884 14. 09 Kuldiga District in Rubas Parish – 1970 26. 04th, burried in Forest Cemetery in Riga) This is evidenced by Artūrs Tramdahs family memories, also by the location of the station, including the “Sister” stations – Josta and Tadaiķi, built on the same design, are almost equidistant from Airīte, that is, the Tramdahs’ place of origin.
The Airīte station successfully survived the war and bombing in March 1945, however, as a result of Soviet repression and collectivization, quite a few people remained in its immediate vicinity. Therefore, the station was closed at the beginning of the 90s.
The station was not used until 2012.
Then, with the change of owners, the restoration began, in order to preserve the life stories, destinies and expectations of the thirties. The station building in 2014 is included in the list of State Protected Cultural Monuments as a local-scale architectural monument with the number 8889, emphasizing well-preserved building volume, planning and details – windows, wooden panels, doors, etc.